Sunday, December 4, 2011

Playa Hermosa

I needed to get away this weekend, so I rode with my friends to Playa Hermosa. Playa Hermosa is on the Pacific coast, only about an hour and 15 minutes away from San Jose. What is interesting about this beach, is that is has black sand - apparently due to volcanic activity. Although, I can't figure out where the volcano is around here...unless it is under water. The other beaches in the area are all white sand. Playa Hermosa is also known as one of the best surfing beaches in Costa Rica due to its consistent waves. There was the end of a surf competition going on when we arrive and lots of surfers in the water. The currents were pretty strong, so swimming or bobbing in the ocean wasn't too possible. Also, if you think white sand gets hot, you haven't felt anything until you try walking around on black sand! OUCH!! I snapped a few pics with my phone, so the quality isn't superb. Enjoy!

<3,
Amber






No comments:

Post a Comment

My Schedule of Visitors and Trips