Monday, May 14, 2012

What? No refill?

So one of the things I had to adjust to when I moved to Costa Rica was the lack of refills. Yes, drink refills at restaurants. In the States, your waitress is bad if she doesn't refill your cup so many times that you float out of the restaurant. But here, when you buy a beverage, you get that one beverage - that's it!

This is the case in most sit-down restaurants. Some, but not all, fast food restaurants have a soda fountain to the side where you fill your own beverage. But don't just think because it is accessible that it is acceptable to refill as many times you as you like! I recently noticed this sign in a Taco Bell:


This is a list of Taco Bell's refill rules. Yes, refill rules! And there are 5!! (My translations are a little loose.)

1. Drinks are for individual consumption.
2. Drinks are exclusively for consuming in the restaurant, up to 30 minutes after purchase.
3. Refills are authorized in Taco Bell cups only.
4. To be eligible for a refill, you must purchase a Taco Bell product.
5. This applies only to 16 oz and 22 oz cups.

In my opinion, that's a lot of rules just for getting a refill!

<3,
Amber

2 comments:

  1. That is crazy! It's the 30 minute rule that kills me. What if I'm a slow eater?!

    -David

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore that David is concerned about his thirty-plus minute Taco Bell experience being tainted by this rule. I am willing to bet that, no matter how leisurely one is enjoying his nacho bell grande, he can fit in a quick refill before the allotted time has expired. That being said, it would be annoying to have to bend to their restrictions.

    ReplyDelete

My Schedule of Visitors and Trips