Saturday, September 8, 2012

Guanacaste


Last weekend I had the opportunity to spend some time on the beach in Guanacaste with my colleagues. Maria has a beautiful house there and was kind enough to share it with us for the weekend!

 

I've spent some time on the Pacific Coast of Costa rica, but further south in Jaco and Quepos. This was my first time in the northern areas. It was a beautiful, but long drive - about 5 hours. There are many farms on the way that raise horses and cows.


We spent the entire weekend just lounging around at the beach, the pool, and on the back porch of the house. It was truly relaxing. The beaches in this area were breathtaking - as are most beaches in Costa Rica. And, I've decided that Costa Rican beaches produce the most amazing sunsets! Below are a few pictures from the weekend. Enjoy!



 There were lots of beautiful birds around!



 One night, we had an univited house guest that Krisya almost stepped on!






On our way home we enjoyed lunch by a river. (From left to right: Daniella, Maria, Krisya, Me)

Now I can check visiting Guanacaste off my to-do list! On to the next adventure!

-Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Schedule of Visitors and Trips