Friday, September 2, 2011

Mi Casa es Su Casa!

Well Folks,

I've survived my first week in Costa Rica! Everything has gone very smoothly, so no complaints so far! I worked in the office for most of the week and already feel like I've been there forever. I'm also really enjoying having my own office instead of a cube! All of my amigas in the office have been so wonderful and kind to me. Catalina has taken me to explore places further out of San Jose and has helped me spend lots of money on things to make my apartment feel like home. The things left on my to-do list are to open a bank account (plan to do this on Monday) and go with Maria to the Social Security office to get that squared away. I also have plans to force my neighbors to be my friend. I met one girl the other day and believe it or not she is from Gaston County! Small world! She doesn't know it yet, but she is definitely going to be my new BFF. Then, all that will be left is to have lots of fun and adventures.

As promised, a pictorial tour of my new home is below. Enjoy!!

<3,
Amber

Welcome to Apartamentos America #8


When you enter the front door, the living area is directly in front of you. You are looking at the world's most uncomfortable furniture. But hey, it'll do!

There is a wall behind the couch that separates the living area from the dining area. 


The half-bath is beside the living and dining rooms. 

Past the dining area is the hallway that leads through the apartment. The kitchen, guest bedroom, guest bathroom, and master bedroom are all off of this. 

The kitchen is quite large!


Off the kitchen is the laundry room. The refrigerator, washer, and dryer are here. 


The "guest bedroom" only has a twin bed. So, when more than one guest comes, they'll get my room. I haven't done anything to spruce this room up yet. That is on my to-do list for the weekend!

The guest bathroom is at the end of the hallway. 

The master bedroom is very spacious and pretty comfy!


I've added my own touches to the master bath already. 

Here's the car...in halves... My parking space is covered, which is nice when it rains - like tonight when I got home. 


You can't tell in the pictures obviously, but I just had automatic locks put on my car. Now it has a mean security system and beeps loudly when I close the door, lock the door, unlock the door, look at it wrong, etc. 


I hope you've enjoyed the tour! You're cordially invited to visit at anytime!




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Schedule of Visitors and Trips