Friday, November 4, 2011

Mocking the Moth

I am thoroughly enjoying my time back in NC this week. I have had the chance to catch up with some of my trusty blog followers and have loved getting feedback and requests. I love sharing my stories with you, but sometimes the silence from your end can be a bit deafening. (Hint! Hint! Leave comments!)

Many of my followers have had a good laugh over my giant moth visitor. I do realize that the photo does not do it justice, but I promise it was GIANT!!!

This week, my company is having their annual meeting and my colleagues from all over the world are in town. I had a very rousing dinner the other night with my colleagues from England, Costa Rica, New Zealand, Canada, and the US. They had me recount the moth story and all had a good laugh about how it was just a measly moth that could not have been frightening in any way. One of my colleagues compared my moth story to a big fish story - where each time it is retold the fish (or moth in this case) gets larger and larger. By the end of dinner the table created their own giant moth model for a good laugh. I think the plates were supposed to be it's giant wings...


I love that my stories make good dinner fodder. Glad I could bring some laughs!

More to come next week from what is now hopefully a sunnier and less rainy Costa Rica!

<3,
Amber

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed the visit last week...and having your leftovers on Monday :-)

    And for the record, I'm not a moth-doubter; just wanted to see another object in the picture for the sake of comparison and scale. Please do that when the moth returns for revenge...and you know it will!

    --Bryan

    ReplyDelete

My Schedule of Visitors and Trips