Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Abroad

Living in another country means that you may miss out on some holiday events that are specific to where you are from. But, with Mom and Dad in town, I was determined to have Thanksgiving in Costa Rica!

First we had to find a turkey in San Jose....Have no fear, Price Smart (our Sam's club equivalent) had them for the gringos! One giant 16 pound frozen turkey? Yes, please!

Have you ever wondered how much will fit in a Costa Rican mini stove? Luckily, one large turkey fits perfectly. Whew! It was close!


Mom was a little under the weather on Thursday, but we managed to pull off a full meal with turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, dressing, cranberry sauce, rolls, and gravy! And let me tell you - this was not an easy feat! We had to hunt down ingredients, get creative with some, and work in a not-so-well stocked kitchen to make this happen.




My colleagues from my office came for lunch along with my friend Casey (the one from Gaston County.) Everyone visited and enjoyed the food. (Or, so they tell me.)


Overall, I would call it a Thanksgiving success! I'm so thankful for being able to share this day with my family and friends here in Costa Rica.


More to come about the adventures of Ma and Pa Featherstone in Costa Rica!



<3,
Amber

2 comments:

  1. Awww, I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving! Can't wait until you're home for Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update Amber! We are glad to see that you had a great Thanksgiving with the parents! We miss you very much and can't wait to hang out at Christmas!

    -Kara and David

    ReplyDelete

My Schedule of Visitors and Trips