Sunday, February 5, 2012

Ladies and Gentlemen...

... Mr. (Sir) Elton John!!! Who knows what this is a reference to? :)

Elton John came to Costa Rica Friday night and I was able to snag a ticket and tag along with my friend Daniella and her friends to the concert. The concert was held at the Saprissa Soccer stadium which is located in Tibas on the Eastern side of the city.

Before the concert, most people arrived early to "tailgate." Costa Rican tailgating involved hanging out on the street in front of the one bar near the stadium drinking beer and talking with others. There were a few food vendors, scalpers, and merchandise sellers mingling with the crown trying to drum up business. It was actually a lot of fun. Once you got into the stadium there were no concession stands - only guys walking around selling soda, water, and snacks.






Even after all these years, Elton John puts on a very good show. He played mostly hits and still sounds just as great as he did in the 70's. I only took my blackberry to the concert, so my pictures aren't that great. I also took some video. I apologize in advance to Elton and everyone else for the really bad sound quality.






<3,
Amber

1 comment:

  1. I know your reference! Your quoting George Michael in his duet of "Don't let the sun go down"! I'm so happy you got to see him and I have so many questions. I will communicate this week...lots to tell.
    -David

    ReplyDelete

My Schedule of Visitors and Trips